Game of Thrones is a cultural phenomenon that’s been airing on HBO since 2011. Game of Thrones final season begins Sunday, April 14th, and if you’ve been meaning to watch but can’t binge all 67 episodes, we’ve got you covered! Middle Chicks and Thrones are a perfect combination.
Game of Thrones is Must See TV for Middle Chicks
Life as a Middle Chick is stressful. Our lives are full of high-octane stress that requires escape to stay healthy. Game of Thrones is a one-way ticket into another world. Even if you’re not a fan of the fantasy genre (dragons, frozen zombies) the story contains aspects everyone can relate to, such as bad mother-in-laws and dysfunctional families.
For example, your dogs might pee all over your rug but they won’t eat your neighbor like a dragon. Your MIL might be a real B but does she try to blow you up or put you in jail like Cersei?
GOT is so extreme it will make your daily sh*t show look tame! As a life-long procrastinator, I have perfected the art of catching up at the last-minute. So let my lifetime of laziness help you get a few hours of escape via my favorite show.
Dig, if you will, Game of Thrones links and episode lists so you can catch up before the final season.
Executive Producer’s List
Entertainment Weekly interviewed GOT executive producer and writer Bryan Cogman, who spilled his 21 must-see episodes to watch before season 8. Cogman has been with the show since the first season, so this is a pretty legit list.
- “Winter Is Coming” (Season 1, Episode 1)
- “The Kingsroad” (Season 1, Episode 2)
- “Baelor” (Season 1, Episode 9)
- “Fire and Blood” (Season 1, Episode 10)
- “What Is Dead May Never Die” (Season 2, Episode 3)
- “The Old Gods and the New” (Season 2, Episode 6)
- “Blackwater” (Season 2, Episode 9)
- “Walk of Punishment” (Season 3, Episode 3)
- “And Now His Watch Is Ended” (Season 3, Episode 4)
- “Kissed by Fire” (Season 3, Episode 5)
- “The Rains of Castamere” (Season 3, Episode 9)
- “The Laws of Gods and Men” (Season 4, Episode 6)
- “The Mountain and the Viper” (Season 4, Episode 8)
- “The Children” (Season 4, Episode 10)
- “Hardhome” (Season 5, Episode 8)
- “The Door” (Season 6, Episode 5)
- “Battle of the Bastards” (Season 6, Episode 9)
- “The Winds of Winter” (Season 6, Episode 10)
- “The Queen’s Justice” (Season 7, Episode 3)
- “The Spoils of War” (Season 7, Episode 4)
- “The Dragon and the Wolf” (Season 7, Episode 7)
Middle Chick’s Procrastinator’s List
One reason I’m
completely obsessed with a fan of the show is because of main character Jon Snow. I’m old enough to be his mother (if I had been a teen mom) but what’s a Middle Chick to do? Plus I’m a sucker for the drama, humor and escape the show provides.
Game of Thrones – Season 1
This lays the foundation for the series, therefore Dr. Lamar recommends 6 episodes.
- “Winter is Coming”
- “The Kings Road”
- “A Golden Crown”
- “You Win or You Die”
- “Fire and Blood”
Game of Thrones – Season 2
I’m a freaky fan, I’d watch 5 out of the 10 this season.
- “The North Remembers”
- “What is Dead May Never Die”
- “The Old Gods and The New”
- “Valar Morghulis”
Game of Thrones – Seasons 3-6 and Season 7
Click on the link below to get an obsessed fan’s advice on what to watch seasons 3-6.
GOT Episodes Seasons 3-6
Season 7 – Watch the whole season!
Looking for major shortcuts to catch up? Dig, if you will, recap links from the best GOT blog. Fansided recaps every season and gives context on what clues each season gives for the big finale. The blog made a 2-minute video overview of all seasons 1-7 as well.
If want to hang with the geeky GOT Middle Chicks (okay pretty much me and Shelly) did you know that Twitter has special emojis for GOT, Jon and Dany? You’re welcome.
Latest posts by Michelle Lamar (see all)
- Mother’s Day Gifts for Midlife Moms - May 5, 2019
- Game of Thrones: Best Episodes to Catch Up (Procrastinator’s Guide) - April 10, 2019